Lately, we talked about if chakras are real and what are they really and now there is another question about chakras, how many chakras are there in your body?
The Chakra system has been around even long before 1500 BC in the oral tradition of India. It is being said that there are around 80000 chakras in our body but then there are some emphasis on 114 chakras as well as 7, 8, and 10 chakras.
The Chakra system is like learning a language. Each chakra is coming with a set of the essence, meaning that when you are balanced, you can reflect these essences on yourself. You can be in harmony and aligned with the universe.
So let’s begin to dive deeper into the universe of the chakras. Join me!
How many chakras in the body?
Chakra (spiral circles) are foci of opening to awareness levels. They are in the energy body, not in the physical self.
Our energy body is our bluish etheric shadow body that surrounds the physical body. It is the electromagnetic body between physical and metaphysical reality.
It is the area that enables the circulation of enlightenment, of inner light.
Shaman Ayşe Nülgün Arıt explains the number of chakras in our bodies as such;
“In the Hindu period, there are 7 chakras associated with Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, Saturn, Sun, and Moon. There are 10 in Mu and Atlantis periods when Uranus, Neptune, and Pluto are known. In catastrophe, when the Earth’s solar orbit and polar axes changed, they went dormant and woke up this century.”
What are the 10 chakras and what do each of the chakras do?
There is a focus on 7, 8, and 10 basic chakras. First, let’s check what these chakras do simply.
- Base chakra: This chakra under the feet is to draw energy from the earth to the body and release it from the body to the earth. It will serve to ground and connect with the roots.
- Feet chakra: The chakra between the ankles is related to movement, balance, and harmony.
- Root chakra: The base chakra at the root of the spine is connected to motor nerves and is involved in survival and protection and responds to stress.
- Sacral chakra: Related to motivation and sexuality.
- Solar plexus chakra: It is a complex, multifunctional love center. Part of its content has to do with growth and development.
- Heart Chakra: It is the center of compassion, compassion, compassion, and desires. It is about love.
- Throat chakra: It is the communication center and is also connected with our inner voice.
- The base of brain chakra: It is related to actions. The physical body is governed from this center.
- Brow chakra: It is the psychic management center and the center of mental power.
- Crown chakra: It is related to cognition and is linked to the Higher Self, the highest layer of existence.
What are the 8 energy centers?
Two of the 10 chakras represent polarity/holism on the top of the head and below the soles. They are the terminals connecting the cosmic and the material.
The crown chakra elevates the head like a crown. The base chakra is essentially the one below the base, and it connects and grounds us to our Mother Earth.
The 8 chakras of the body work as octaves by the universal law of harmony (Healing circle and eastern mandala system).
Streams of energy from the Cosmos (Sun, Moon, Stars, and Planets) descend in waves from the energy body.
These waves are called Nadi channels in the far east mystical teaching. Our endocrine system is an extension of the chakras and our parasympathetic system is an extension of the nadis.
Where chakras are in the body?
The description of their place in the body is for lack of knowledge or convenience. It is the projection of their positions in the energy body onto the physical body.
- The base chakra is located beneath the soles of the feet
- Feet chakra is located in the area of the ankles.
- The root chakra is located at the bottom of the spine between the anus and the genitals.
- The sacral chakra is located in the low abdomen, just below your belly button.
- The solar plexus chakra is located in your stomach area.
- The heart chakra is located near your heart, in the center of your chest.
- The throat chakra is located in your throat.
- The base of the brain chakra is the point located at the root of the brain in our head in line with the nasal bone.
- The third eye chakra is located between your eyes.
- Crown chakra is located at the top of your head.
What are the colors of each chakra?
Chakras are meditation aids. People are visualizing them during their meditations. It is quite common to visualize them with their specific color. Whereas it is important to emphasize that the color correlation of chakras is a very new concept. You are free to correlate any color that you feel like to each of your chakra.
- Base chakra: Magenta
- Feet chakra: Dark red
- Root chakra: Red
- Sacral chakra: Orange
- Solar plexus chakra: Yellow
- Heart Chakra: Green
- Throat: Light blue
- The base of brain chakra: Mid blue
- Brow chakra: Indigo
- Crown Chakra: Violet
Ok so far we have talked about 10 and 8 chakras but maybe you have also heard of 114 chakras, right?
Do we have 114 chakras and what are the 114 chakras in our body?
N.J. Cooper mentioned in his article: ‘A Brief History of the Chakras in Human Body’ as in below:
“In the western world, we are familiar with the seven primary chakra systems. However, in the oral tradition of the chakra system, particularly, in the tradition of Sri Amit Ray, the chakras are not limited by seven or twelve; it goes beyond 114 chakras.
Origin of 114 Chakra System There are seven main chakras along the spine. However, according to Sri Amit Ray, there are as many as 114 all over the body. In 2018, Sri Amit Ray rediscovered the 114 chakras in the human body based on his profound meditation experiences and oral tradition. He identified the names, locations, and functions of all the 114 chakras for the first time. Ray designed 21 chakra pathways for deep meditation. They are designed to aid accuracy in meditation and the transmission of the healing energy and for the transformation of the soul.”
If you want to dive deeper with 114 chakras, Amit Ray has a well-known book about the topic Ray 114 Chakra System Names, Locations and Functions and also courses for those who want to get deeper information.
As you see we are hearing different numbers around 7, 8, 10, 21, 114, and many more. Chakras have been understood and elaborated in different civilizations around the globe. So we are having different information about the numbers but still, they are not contra to each other.
Today we have looked to the most important 10, 8, and 7 chakras as well as the 114 chakras.
If you are interested in the topic, you can also check these articles:
Is Chakra a Real Thing and What Are Chakras Really?
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo…. so, you can pin it to your Chakras Board!