Color is an energy form with its frequency and intensity. Just as sound. Different colors have different frequency intervals, causing different energy levels. As you have already known, in chakra healing, chakra colors have been used in a considerable way. Color and chakra combination has been facilitating different processes for many people. So, one can ask what chakra colors mean.
Even though as Kurt Leland mentions, it had been since the 1930s that single colors attributed to each chakra in order of the spectrum—either seven colors, including indigo, or six colors plus white. The color relation with chakras cannot be seen in ancient Indian traditions.
The principle 7 chakras are related with 7 colors and these colors symbolize and mean spiritually different things. Let’s look one by one to each.
What are the 7 chakras and colors?
- What color is the root chakra? Red
- What color is the sacral chakra? Orange
- What color is the solar plexus chakra? Yellow
- What color is the heart chakra? Green
- What color is the throat chakra? Blue/Turquoise
- What color is the third eye chakra? Indigo
- What color is the crown chakra? Violet/purple/white
What does chakra color mean?
Root chakra color: red
- Raises body temperature and energizes blood
- Energizes the root/base chakra
- Warms and activates
- Awakens the physical life force and will stimulate deeper passions
- Sex, love, hatred, and revenge
- Too much red can overstimulate and aggravate conditions
- High blood pressure is an indication of too much red in the system
What does the red color symbolize and mean spiritually?
The red color symbolizes and means spiritually; power, energy, vitality, dominance, action, assertion, creation, survival, and passion.
Sacral chakra color: orange
- Joy and wisdom.
- Emotional health.
- Muscular system.
- Revitalizing the physical body.
- Helps with food assimilation and is good for the eliminative system.
- Help against depression and paralysis.
- Good for conditions relating to the spleen, pancreas, stomach, intestines, and adrenals.
- Too much orange affects the nerves and should be balanced with greens and blues.
What does the orange color symbolize and mean spiritually?
Orange color symbolize and mean spirituality; creativity, emotional balance, sexuality, harmony, passion, freedom, intuition, and expression of emotions.
Solar plexus chakra color: yellow
- Energizes the solar plexus chakra
- Stimulates mental activity
- Effective for depression
- Gives confidence and optimism
- Good for conditions relating to stomach, intestines, bladder, and eliminative system
What does the yellow color symbolize and mean spiritually?
The yellow color symbolizes and means spiritual; optimism, energy, joy, happiness, and friendship.
Heart chakra color: green
- Balances the energies
- Increases sensitivity and compassion
- Calming for inflamed conditions
- Good for cardiac conditions, high blood pressure, ulcers, exhaustion, and headaches
- Helps toward stress relief
- Green must never be used in cancerous or tumorous conditions as it stimulates the growth
What does the green color symbolize and mean spiritually?
Green color symbolizes and means spiritually; vibration of growth, new beginnings, health, renewal, harmony, hope, and peace.
Throat chakra color: blue & turquoise
- Cools the system
- Energizes the throat chakra
- Strengthens and balances the respiratory system
- Aids all throat conditions
- Very effective in childhood diseases
- Strongest healing color for all children
- Awakens intuition and artistic expression
- Very effective when combined with warmer colors
- Beneficial to venous conditions
- Good for conditions relating to asthma, chickenpox, jaundice, and rheumatism
What does the blue color symbolize and mean spiritually?
The blue color symbolizes and means spiritually; being cool, calm, and grounded.
- Cooling to the system
- Works well for skin conditions
- Also effective for acute pain and earaches
What does turquoise color symbolize and mean spiritually?
The turquoise color symbolizes and means spiritual, refreshing, serenity, wholeness, creativity, emotional balance, good luck, spiritual grounding, intuition, and loyalty.
Third eye chakra color: indigo
- Indigo and darker shades of blue are dynamic healing colors on both spiritual and physical levels
- Strengthens the lymphatic and immune system
- Balances the hemispheres of the brain and nervous systems
- Sedative effect
- Good against lung problems
- Good for achieving deeper levels of consciousness in meditation
- Too much indigo can cause depression and feelings of separation
What does indigo color symbolize and mean spiritually?
Indigo color symbolizes and means spiritually; devotion, integrity, and sincerity.
Crown chakra color: violet& purple & white
- Skeletal structure
- Antiseptic, cleansing, and purifying
- Good for balancing all energies
- Good against cancerous conditions, arthritis and helps with the assimilation of minerals
- Stimulates inspiration and humility
- Stimulates dream activity
- In meditation can help open channels to past lives
What does the violet color symbolize in spirituality?
Violet color symbolizes and means spiritually; imagination, dreams, psychic ability, and grounded spiritual enlightenment.
- The red and purple range is beneficial for balancing the polarities of the body
- The blue and purple range is used to shrink things, as in the case of a tumor
- Also used to cool the skin easing inflammation
- Too much purple can cause depression
What does the purple color symbolize in spirituality?
The purple color symbolizes and means spiritually; the sacred, higher self, aligning with the universe, connection with the spiritual wisdom.
- Contain the entire light spectrum
- Strengthens and purifies the energy system
- Awakens creativity
- Amplifies the effects of any color with which it is used
- When in doubt you can use white
What does the white color symbolize in spirituality?
White color symbolizes and means spiritually; wholeness, completion, illumination, and spiritual enlightenment.
Wearing chakra colors
I am getting the help of the frequencies and energy levels of each color during my sound therapy sessions. Colors serve me as well as other musical instruments besides my sound.
With our intention and being conscious about the color energy, we can convert this energy to medicine. This can be simply wearing chakra colors.
Similar to the chakra healing exercise mentioned here in this article, you can be aware of the energetical needs of each chakra and wear the color related to that chakra.
In this, you can even trust your intuition. Every day, when you choose your clothes and jewelry, make this decision consciously. Gently slow down and have 3 deep breaths and let your intuition guide you with which color you would like to wear.
Later, if you would like to analyze your decision, you can check the essence and imbalance of each chakra and its related color. You can be quite surprised by your intuitive decision and its correlation with your deeper emotional and spiritual needs.
I love spirituality and walking on my own path. I am always amazed and going around with wonder, how simple our medicines are.
Colors are existing all around us. They are pure energy available for our alignment with cosmic energy.
Be aware of their symbolic and spiritual meaning and get the help of. Colors are your medicine to live a more harmonious life.
If you are interested in the topic, you can also check these articles:
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo…. so, you can pin it to your Chakras Board!