Doing vision boards are great fun. When you do them with more people it is even more joyful. Today I want to talk about how to host a vision board party and all those materials- vision board images, quotes, affirmations, checklist, the template you could need to prepare one.
If you are new to the concept of a vision board -or dream board, manifestation board as some people call it- you can check here our blog post to get more information about the concept.
So let’s start.
What is a vision board party and how to host one?
Vision board party, or vision board workshop or vision board night-however you want to call it, is simply a process to create a vision board together.
This process starts with having the intention, inviting people, creating your sacred space, opening the circle, creating the vision board, and then closing the circle.
Let us look more in detail at each of these:
#1. The intention of having a vision board party
Everything starts with an intention. If you feel like you want to host a space for other people to create vision boards together-at the same time and at the same place, even though everybody is creating their own, it is a nice idea to slow down for a while and ask your self for more clarity of this intention. Questions below can help you:
- Who you would like to invite? Just some friends or make it an open call to people in your community who want to show up.
- Where would you like to do it? How you can create a welcoming space to help people let them free.
- How you dream of the event? Participants, space, materials, music, conversations.
- Would you like to give it as a gift or ask for something in return to those who participate? If it is the second answer, what you would like to ask for in return?
#2. Inviting people
You can put the care of this invitation. Make it beautiful, however, you make it. If you invite people with a text message, add a nice inspiring quote. Or via an online event, create a nice invitation. When you want to call them, be authentic, and explain to those why it matters for you.
When you organize an open event make sure to inform the max. participant limit to the event. Once the number is achieved let people know that you would not be able to get more participants.
#3. Creating your sacred space
When you do a vision board as a group, do not underestimate the importance of creating a sacred space with music, light, candles, smells, some nice snacks-infusions, chocolates, fruits whatever you feel like.
The space you will create will directly affect their experience so the result of their vision board, so finally will affect their life. I mean it. So make your intention to create a beautiful space. Does not need to be a big thing. With the stuff that you already have, with some care you can convert the space into a really beautiful one.
#4. Opening the circle
Good vibes are important before starting to create your vision board. You need to uplift the energy of the participants. You can read the energy once the people arrived and decide accordingly.
If there are participants who feel a bit down, you can explain to them the importance of uplifting the energy level, so you can invite them to some little nice activities.
Some nice dance music could be a good idea. Some movement, shaking, dancing, singing.
Before starting to do the vision board, you can create a little circle experience. You can sit down altogether as a circle and one by one you can tell what you are grateful for in your life these days and you can tell what is your intention from the vision board that you will create.
Make sure to have all those materials you would need to do a vision board in a place where all the participants can reach easily. Also, it is necessary to have enough materials for the number of participants.
Before starting, frame them why creating a vision board is important for you and why you wanted to create this experience for them.
Then give instructions very clearly. Where are the materials, what are those, what they would need to do, how, any possible question to answer, answer those, and finally ask if there are more questions out there. After answering those questions, let them know that they can ask you anything during the process.
Then finally let the creation start.
#6. Closing the circle
Once you finish your vision boards, you can also share one by one what are those images for, what your soul is seeking, you can create a daily, weekly, and monthly plan and ask if you can support each other during the way.
What a great way to connect on a deeper level with your loved ones.
Possible materials you would need
You can read more in detail here about the planning and the materials you would need to create a vision board.
Basically, there are a variety of magazines, scissors, cartons, glue and that is it.
While you are hosting a vision board party it could be a nice idea to prepare some quotes, affirmations, images, and reminders beforehand.
I am creating a cool vision board kit & planner for you. It includes vision board printables of images, quotes, affirmations, and reminders as well as a vision board checklist and an ebook. I will let you know soon once it is finished for you to download.
You can get inspiration and even print the below vision board quotes, reminders, and affirmations.
Vision board printables
#1. Vision board quotes
- Let us not look back in anger, nor forward in fear, but around in awareness. James Thurber
- When you fall in love with the unknown, you are free. Byron Katie
- How other people treat you is their path, how you respond to them is yours. Wayne Dyer
- The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away. Picasso
- You must go on adventures to find out where you truly belong. Sue Fitzmaurice
- Walk as if you are kissing the earth with your feet. Thich Nhat Hanh
- Fall in love with the process and the results will come. Eric Thomas
- Do not wait for someone to bring you flowers. Plant your own garden and decorate your own soul. Luther Burbank
- Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful or believe to be beautiful. William Morris
- We are being pulled in a thousand, different directions: somehow, it’s all urgent and it’s all important. Decide where to put your energy, or the chaos will decide for you. It is just a dance of dreams. Take a deep breath and choose. This is your dance. Learn how to lead, baby! Brooke Hampton
- Make it your intention to look at everything you like and say to yourself “I can afford that. I can buy that.” You will shift your thinking and begin to feel better about money. James Ray
- I promise if you keep searching for everything beautiful in this world, you will eventually become it. Tyler Kent White
#2. Vision board affirmations
- I am joyful every day and create joy for others
- I show up every day with kindness and compassion
- Life loves me
- I am a powerful creator, creating the life I want and enjoy it.
- I am living to my full potential
- Abundance comes with ease
- I trust the universe. Believe in me. Love me
- I am free
- My magnetic energy draws fabulous people into my world.
- I am free of limiting beliefs and open to limitless possibilities.
- I am open to receiving all the abundance the universe is offering me.
- Speaking my truth with loving-kindness.
#3. Vision board reminders
- In life, surround yourself with those who light your path
- Nothing in nature blooms all year. Be patient with yourself.
- See with your heart.
- You are born to be real not to be perfect
- When you come to a point where you have no need to impress anybody, your freedom will begin
- It’s time to remember what it is like to feel alive
- Be still and listen. The Earth is singing.
- Do it over and over again until it becomes part of who you are.
- Do not feel guilty for doing what’s best for you
- Eat like you love yourself. Move like you love yourself. Speak like you love yourself. Act like you love yourself
- You live most of your life inside your head. Make sure it is a nice place to be.
- Train your mind to see good in every situation.
#4. Vision board images
It could be a nice idea to print different images from different categories additional to magazines. Canva, Pinterest, and Unsplash are great resources for that.
Vision board template
In case people want to create their vision board online at your vision board party, you can have an online vision board template. Here there is one I found in Desygner which could help.
If you want to read more about creating vision boards online, have a look here.
So yes, take your life seriously, take your dreams seriously, take those signals and symbols seriously. Live your life as life deserves it. Life is beautiful. Enjoy it.
Below is a Pinterest friendly photo…. so you can pin it to your Vision Board!